Oil Painters of America and Evergreen Fine Art Gallery present the Plein Air “Tent Sale”
Painting: Wednesday, June 20 - Thursday, June 21
Tent Sale: Saturday, June 23 - Sunday, June 24
Information & Rules
This event is in conjunction with the Oil Painters of America’s National Exhibition at Evergreen Fine Art Gallery. Special thanks to sponsors Southwest Art and Plein Air Magazines for their support!
Plein Air (i.e. open air) paintings are executed outdoors from real life, as opposed to using photographs in a studio. Both painter and subject must be outdoors, and photographs may not be used.
Join us for two full days of painting amidst Colorado’s towering trees, massive rocks and spectacular mountain views! The staff of Southwest Art Magazine welcomes artists to a cabin retreat on Wednesday, June 20, for a day of painting, pampering and fun. Held from sunrise to sundown, artists will be treated to coffee, juice and pastries in the morning, followed by lunch in the afternoon and close with a wine reception to end an amazing day!
On Thursday, June 21, head out with two of OPA’s talented artists: David Mayer and Dave Santillanes, as they take you to some of their favorite painting spots in the Evergreen area. Meet at Evergreen Art Gallery at 8:30 a.m. sharp! Plein Air Magazine will be at the gallery to welcome artists and provide participants with an informal continental breakfast.
Bring your paints and get ready to be inspired! To register for one or both of these painting events click here. (Please note, all artists can participate in the plein air painting but only OPA members are eligible to take part in the tent sale.)
Rules for the Event
While all attendees are welcome to join in one or both of the plein air painting events, only current OPA members will be able to participate in the tent sale.
- Painting Area: An artist may paint any subject or scene outdoors that he/she chooses, within the state of Colorado.
- Painting Time Period: Each work of art must be started and completed “en plein air” between the dates of Wednesday June 20 and Thursday June 21.
This event will be held rain or shine, so come prepared!
- Required Registration: All artists must register prior to any work being done. (No Exceptions) Register at Evergreen Art Gallery, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. beginning at noon on Wednesday, June 20, through Thursday, June 21. You can also register on location at Kimberly Moore’s cabin on Wednesday, June 20, beginning at 7:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. (Please note: registration at the cabin is on Wednesday only)
- Material Requirements:
- Oil is the only medium that will be accepted.
- The artists’ canvas, paper or board must be stamped with the OPA seal by a representative of Evergreen Fine Art Gallery, OPA or SW Art Magazine.
Maximum size should not exceed 154 square inches.
- Painting Submission Requirements:
- Paintings should be delivered to Evergreen Fine Art Gallery’s storage area, adjacent to the gallery, on Friday, June 22, between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Each artist may submit (2) finished painting for the exhibition.
- The “OPA” Stamp provided at registration must be visible on the back of each painting.
- All paintings must be appropriately framed, mounted and securely wired for hanging.
- Proceeds from Painting Sales: For paintings sold on Saturday June 23 and Sunday June 24, the proceeds will be divided as follows:
Evergreen Fine Art Gallery: 40%
- Frames available: Denver based Meininger Art Supply store and Barbara Carter Fine Gilded Frames will have frames available for sale in a number of smaller sizes beginning Thursday at 3:00 p.m., June 21, at the Evergreen Elk’s Lodge.
- Artists will be responsible for picking up their painting anytime between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 24. Evergreen Fine Art Gallery will assist artists who would like to have their plein air paintings shipped home. If you have an account number for Fed Ex or UPS be sure to bring it with you! If not, payment is due prior to shipping.
The Oil Painters of America and Evergreen Fine Art Gallery assume no responsibility for theft, damage or liability. The artist is responsible for insurance of his or her artwork.
3042 Evergreen Parkway
Evergreen, CO. 80439
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Kimberly Moore’s cabin retreat
22811 Twin Ponds Trail
Morrison, CO 80465
27972 Iris Drive
Evergreen, CO 80439