2020 Virtual Juried Salon Show
Show Dates: August 13 - October 3, 2020
New Change! 2020 Virtual Salon Show will now be hosted virtually by OPA. Entries now being accepted beginning May 1 through June 12, 2020
Presents The 2020 Virtual Salon Show
Juried Exhibition Of Traditional Oils
OPA's 2020 Virtual Salon Show is being hosted by OPA, August 13 through October 3, 2020.
Our goal is to is to assemble the finest display of approximately 300 representational oil paintings. The focus in the jurying process will be to select paintings that show the highest quality in draftsmanship, color, and composition, emphasizing a diversity in representational style and subject matter.
The total awards will be approximately $15,000 in cash and merchandise.
Juror of Awards: A panel consisting of Signature and Master Signature members.
Artists eligible to compete are citizens - both natural born or otherwise - of the United States, Canada, or Mexico who are 2020 OPA members. Nonresident aliens who currently live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico are eligible to participate provided that they have been physically present at the address provided to OPA for eight of the last twelve months and that the residency is considered to be their permanent domicile and that they are 2020 OPA members. Non- resident aliens whose North American residency is in question will be asked to provide proof of residency including, but not limited to, employment history, references, and utility bills in the individual's name. The decision of the Board is final.
General InformationFINAL ACCEPTANCE: Online submissions: Friday, June 12, 2020
- Canvas size: maximum size not to exceed 432 square inches (unframed). Example: 18" (height) x 24" (width) = 432 square inches.
- Maximum entries three (3). However, only one (1) painting may be accepted.
- Paintings entered must have been painted in the last 3 years and should not have been accepted into a previous OPA Regional, Salon Show or National Exhibition.
- Submission must be originally conceived, artist's own reference, own drawing, own concept and must be self-painted.
- Paintings created in an instructional setting, including, but not limited to workshops and art classes are not considered original artwork. Paintings created from a group photo shoot set-up by another artist are not considered original artwork.
- No direct copies of stock images, historic photos, or any reference you do not hold total copyright are allowed.
- NO digital, mechanical, photo, or other transferring to the substrate of any kind is acceptable. The artist must draw and/ or paint the image on the substrate him/herself.
- Painting must be framed and wired for hanging. When framing deep-edged paintings (museum wrap canvas or deep board) the frame must be of adequate depth so that the substrate does not extend more than 1/2" beyond the back of the frame.
- Flat substrates, including canvas board, Gesso board, Gesso Masonite board, acrylic Gessoed Dibond aluminum, aluminum composite panel and wood are acceptable. Paintings on decorative copper and tooled aluminum, oil paper, natural stone or on three-dimensional objects are not acceptable.
- Oil paints, alkyd resin, water soluble oils and oil sticks/bars are acceptable. Metal leaf (i.e: gold, silver, etc.) is acceptable if it does not comprise more than twenty percent (20%) of the visible surface.
- The artist retains copyright to his/her image(s). However, accepted images do become part of OPA archives and may be used for future OPA event promotion.
- All work must be for sale and reflect the artist's current pricing structure. No NFS.
- An artist who withdraws an entry after acceptance into the exhibition shall not be eligible to enter any OPA exhibition for the two succeeding years.
- Images should be of unframed paintings.
Online Submissions - Deadline: Friday, June 12, 2020
Electronic applications will be accepted beginning Friday, May 1, 2020. Maximum canvas size may not exceed 432 square inches (unframed). Images should be between 1400 and 4000 pixels at the largest dimension. Specific details on how to prepare your image properly can be found here.
To submit your electronic application and images, please click here and look for OPA's 2020 Salon Show.
The jurying fee for electronic entries is as follows: $30.00 for one painting, $45.00 for two paintings and $60.00 for three paintings. Only one painting can be accepted. Electronic payment may be made by credit card or through PayPal. No e-checks will be accepted. Jurying fees for online submissions may also be paid by check mailed to OPA if received by Friday, May 29, 2020.
You must be a paid member through December 31, 2020 at a cost of $70.00. If you are currently not a member or have not paid your 2020 membership dues, OPA will accept your entry provided that 1) an electronic membership fee is paid by Friday, May 29, or 2) a mailed membership application and your annual dues are post- marked no later than Friday, May 22, 2020. More membership information may be found here.
Notification will be posted on the OPA website Friday, June 26.
Liabilities and Responsibilities
The Jurying Committee consists of five Master Signature and/or Signature members of OPA. The results of the jurying will be final.
No refunds will be made on unaccepted entries.Good Luck and Good Painting
Deadline for submissions
Acceptance notification posted on the OPA website
Awards Presentation: announcement of winners will take place at 6:30 p.m.
August 13 - October 3
Show will be open for viewing. See below for gallery hours