The purpose of the Have a HeART Humanitarian Award is to recognize an OPA member who has used his/her artistic background to enrich the lives of others through hands-on charitable or volunteer work.
Award Selection Criteria
- Only OPA members can nominate an individual for this award
- Individuals may not nominate themselves for this award
- Multiple nominations for the same individual will not be factored into the decision-making process.
- The Awards Committee will select recipients based on the information provided within each nomination form. In the event the committee needs further clarification the nominator will be contacted.
- Nominees must be current members of OPA and for a minimum of two years
- OPA Board of Directors and Nominating Committee members are not eligible to receive this award
- On occasion, the committee may choose more than one recipient to receive this annual award
- Nominators, please complete and submit the nomination form located below for the OPA member you would like to nominate.
- Applications will be accepted electronically between December 9 and February 15, 2021. The nominating committee will review the applications and announce the recipient during OPA’s Virtual National Exhibition’s Awards and Recognition ceremony on Monday, April 19, 2021. New date!
- All nominations will be kept confidential.
Acknowledging Award Recipients
- OPA’s National Exhibition will be held at the Escondido Center for the Arts, April 9 – May 16, 2021. The recipient of this award will be announced and honored at the Virtual National Exhibition Award and Recognition Ceremony to be held on April 19, 2021 @ 6:00 p.m. Central Time via ZOOM. The award recipient is not required to be present, however OPA prefers that the award recipient attend if possible. The award recipient will receive an honorary plaque and a $1000 monetary award.