DATE APPROVED: November 14, 2003
DATE REVISED: February 25, 2005, November 17, 2005, and December 14, 2009
Oil Painters of America provides artists the opportunity to display paintings for public view that have not been previously exhibited. To ensure that the paintings that are displayed in OPA’s national and regional shows meet this requirement, the following guidelines must be followed by members.
THEREFORE, it is hereby resolved by the Board of directors of Oil Painters of America that the following be adopted and followed in all future jurying for acceptance into exhibitions:
- Each exhibition should contain original artwork not previously accepted by the Jury of Acceptance into a show of an equal or higher level.
- An artist may not submit a painting for a national exhibition that has previously been accepted into another OPA national exhibition
- An artist may not submit a painting for a regional exhibition that has previously been accepted into an OPA national exhibition.
- An artist may submit a painting for a national exhibition that has previously been accepted into an OPA regional exhibition.
- An artist who has withdrawn an entry after acceptance into an OPA exhibition shall not be eligible for entry in any OPA exhibition for the two succeeding years.
- An artist must exhibit for the duration of the exhibition or they shall not be eligible for entry in any OPA exhibition for the two succeeding years.
- Paintings submitted for entry into an OPA Regional or National Show should be of current work painted within the last three years. A member that has submitted a painting which is not considered current, will be disqualified from exhibiting.
- Accepted paintings that are later found not to conform with the rules set forth by the OPA, will automatically be disqualified from exhibiting and if applicable, will not count towards Signature status.
1 - JUROR OF AWARDS
Mission Statement & Bylaws
2 - SELECTION COMMITTEE
3 - MASTERS
4 - SIGNATURE MEMBERS
5 - MEMBER CONTACT LIST
6 - GRANTS AND FELLOWSHIPS
7 - ORIGINAL WORK
8 - ELIGIBLE PAINTINGS
9 - JUROR OF AWARDS TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT
11 - BOARD OF DIRECTOR'S TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT