Any subject is ‘fair game’: a light-filled landscape, early morning mist, a bustling urban street, flowers and fruit from my garden, children playing, and people relaxing. These are universal experiences that connect the viewer to the painting. Life itself is a source of endless inspiration. Each day is different, unlike any day before it. The weather changes, seasons change, trees and grasses grow and die. One can return to the same place and come away each time with something new to say. Capturing the light and spirit of a specific location and interpreting the world in a way that will ignite emotion in others are my goals as well as my reward.
Signature Member of American Impressionist Society
Signature Member of Outdoor Painters Society
Fran Ellisor has been working as a professional fine artist for over twenty years. She has been a featured artist in American Art Collector and has been included in articles in Southwest Art and Western Art Collector. Her paintings have been included in shows at the National Arts Club, Tweed Museum and San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts. She has won numerous awards in national shows including the American Impressionist Society and Salon International. She has taken part in numerous plein air events and is a past recipient of Best of Show at Plein Air Southwest. Her paintings are included in private and corporate collections around the world.
- “Art Events”, Southwest Art, April 2011, pp 22
- “State of the Art, Texas”, Western Art Collector, April, 2010
- “Dust on My Shoes-Sun at My Back”, Compilation of 15 Plein Air Artists, pp 28-39, 2009, NHS Press, Lanham, MD, ISBN 10:0982535406
- “Choose from Immediacy and Quiet Contemplation”, American Art Collector, featured artist article, Nov. 2006, pp164 – 167.
- “Artist’s travel experiences come to life on canvas”, The Villager, Dec 22, 2005, Sec B, pp1 – 2.
- “Guest Artist at Johnson County Art Guild’, Cleburne Times-Review, Thursday, Mar 25, 2004, p A9.
- “Texas Expressions makes large showing at Barnwell”, Shreveport Times, Oct 22, 2000, E2.
Additional Biographical Information
- Demonstrator and workshop instructor
- BBA, University of Houston/Post-baccalaureate fine art studies at North Harris College
- Born in Pasadena, Texas on November 23
- Fran Ellisor’s style is a painterly realism; her strokes are confident yet spontaneous; her colors are
clean and fresh. The subjects of Fran’s paintings come from her life and surroundings. She is an accomplished figure
and portrait painter and is also known for her intimate and elegant still lifes.
- Fran Ellisor has won numerous awards, both national and regional. Her works are represented in private and corporate collections around the world.
- She is a well-known landscape painter and spends much of her time painting on location, often referred to as “plein air”, and working from life. She has carried her paintbox across the United States, from Alaska to Mexico and Guatemala, to Spain, France, Italy, Greece and China. She includes these areas from around the world in her works.
- You’ll likely see her painting anywhere she finds beauty and interesting subjects.