The 2021 Eastern Regional
Juried Exhibition Of Traditional Oils
OPA’s 2021 Eastern Regional Exhibition was hosted by the ArtCenter Manatee, located in Bradenton, Florida, September 28 through October 22, 2021. The Opening Reception was held on Thursday, September 30, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. with the awards presentation in person at 6:00 p.m.
The picturesque city of Bradenton is surrounded by both fresh and saltwater waterways with the Manatee River on the north and the Gulf of Mexico on the west. Points of interest include the Bishop Museum of Science and Nature, the Bishop Planetarium and Parker Manatee Aquarium. The Riverwalk offers a path along the river with enjoyable views of boats, beaches, fishing and other relaxing entertainment. The Village of Arts is a community of businesses and residents who share their varying artistic skills to promote art and enhance quality of life.
Awards and Jurors
- Awards: The total awards will be approximately $11,500 in cash and merchandise, including a $4,000 Best In Show.
The awarding juror will be an OPA Signature member Katie Dobson Cundiff.
- Entry: Electronic applications will be accepted beginning Monday, April 5, 2021. Maximum canvas size may not exceed 1,200 square inches (unframed). Images should be between 1400 and 4000 pixels at the largest dimension. To submit your electronic application and images, please go directly to: http://www.juriedartservices.com and look for the 2021 Eastern Regional Exhibition. The jurying fee for electronic entries is as follows: $30.00 for one painting, $45.00 for two paintings and $60.00 for three paintings. Only one painting can be accepted. Electronic payment may be made by credit card or through PayPal. No e-checks will be accepted. Jurying fees for online submissions may also be paid by check mailed to OPA if received by Wednesday, June 16, 2021.
- General Information: Our goal is to assemble approximately 100 of the finest display of representational oil paintings. The focus in the jurying process will be to select paintings that show the highest quality in draftsmanship, color, and composition, emphasizing a diversity in representational style and subject matter. The total awards will be approximately $11,500 in cash and merchandise, including a $4,000 Best In Show. Sales commission of 40% is required by ArtCenter Manatee for all paintings sold. Please take this into consideration when setting your price. All work that is submitted must be for sale. No NFS. Paintings must be priced in accordance with the artists current pricing structure.
- Advanced Registration: To submit your electronic application and images, please go directly to: Juried Services and look for the 2021 Eastern Regional Exhibition.
- Show Rules: For detailed information regarding entry guidelines, substrate and framing Guidlines, entry information, and our calendar checklist: Click here ACCEPTABLE SUBSTRATES: Any primed, smooth, flat substrates including: primed canvas or linen, stretched or on a panel, wood, gesso board, acrylic gessoed dibond, aluminum, aluminum composite panel. Acrylic primer is acceptable. Oil primed paper is acceptable if adhered with archival adhesive to a proper archival substrate. Paintings should NOT require being placed under glass. UNACCEPTABLE SUBSTRATES: Any textured surface including decorative copper, tooled aluminum, natural stone, barn wood or three-dimensional objects. A substrate containing any printed image or photograph is prohibited regardless of whether it is your own or someone else's image/photograph. Paintings should NOT require being placed under glass. ACCEPTABLE FRAMING: All paintings must be framed and wired for hanging. When framing deep-edged paintings (museum/gallery wrap canvas or deep board), the frame must be of adequate depth that the substrate does not extend more than half an inch beyond the back of the frame. Floater frames are acceptable for paintings on museum/gallery wrap canvas or deep board panels. FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF ACCEPTABLE AND UNACCEPTABLE PAINTING CRITERIA, PLEASE CLICK HERE. Questions should be emailed to: email@example.com, or call 815-356-5987.
- Eligible Artists: Artists eligible to compete are citizens of the United States and Canada who reside in: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Labrador, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Brunswick, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Newfoundland, North Carolina, Nova Scotia, Ohio, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin, who are 2021 OPA members. Members that are citizens, both natural born or otherwise, of the United States or Canada are eligible to participate regardless of where they live. For sake of convenience, citizens who reside elsewhere will compete in the region that corresponds with their last place of residence within North America. Nonresident aliens who currently live in the above states of the United States or Canada, are eligible to participate provided that they have been physically present at the address provided to OPA for eight of the last twelve months and that the residency is considered to be their permanent domicile and that they are 2021 OPA members. Nonresident aliens whose North American residency is in question will be asked to provide proof of residency including, but not limited to, employment history, references, and utility bills in the individual's name. The decision of the Board is final.
- Liabilities and Responsibilities: Oil Painters of America and ArtCenter Manatee will not be responsible for loss or damage of any artwork, no matter what the cause. By submitting artwork to this exhibition, each artist will be deemed to have concurred with this agreement. Artists pay for shipping both ways. We suggest that you provide insurance to cover the full value of the artwork while in transit. Good Luck and Good Painting
- Additional Information: For your convenience we have listed out some nearby hotels Courtyard Marriot 100 Riverfront Dr Bradenton FL34205 941-747-3727 Hampton Inn & Suites 309 10th St W Bradenton FL 34205 941-746-9400 Spring Hill Suites 102 12th St W Bradenton FL 34205 (941) 226-2200 Holiday Inn Express 4450 47th ST W Bradenton FL 34210 877-859-5095 Palmetto Riverside B&B 1102 Riverside Dr Palmetto FL 34221 941-845-6291 The Londoner B&B 304 15th St W Bradenton FL 34205 941-741-4981 Best Western Plus 2215 Cortez Blvd Bradenton FL 34207 800-568-8520
- Opa Membership: Not a member and want to enter the Eastern Regional Exhibition? Learn how to become a member
- June 16, 2021
- Location: ArtCenter Manatee
- Cost:$30.00 for one painting, $45.00 for two paintings, and $60.00 for three paintings Electronic applications will be accepted beginning Monday, April 5, 2021. Maximum canvas size may not exceed 1,200 square inches (unframed). Images should be between 1400 and 4000 pixels at the largest dimension. To submit your electronic application and images, please go directly to: http://www.juriedartservices.com and look for the 2021 Eastern Regional Exhibition. Only one painting can be accepted. Electronic payment may be made by credit card or through PayPal. No e-checks will be accepted. Jurying fees for online submissions may also be paid by check mailed to OPA if received by Wednesday, June 16, 2021.
- July 23, 2021
- Location: OPA website
- September 11, 2021
- Location: ArtCenter Manatee September 11th - 17th: Shipped artwork to arrive at ArtCenter Manatee
- September 30, 2021
- 5:00 pm- 7:00 pm
- Location: ArtCenter Manatee
- Phone:(941) 746-2862 Please join Juror of Awards Katie Dobson Cundiff, for an awards ceremony on Thursday, September 30, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- September 30, 2021
- 5:00 pm- 7:00 pm
- Location: ArtCenter Manatee Opening Reception: for collectors, press, exhibiting artists and the public from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Awards Presentation: announcement of winners will take place at 6:00 p.m.
- September 28, 2021
- Location: ArtCenter Manatee Show will be open for viewing. See below for gallery hours. Monday, Friday, Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Sunday Closed
- October 23, 2021