From the rising sunlight reaching across the woodland streams in Pennsylvania to the late afternoon light stretching over the foothills of the Bighorn Mountains in Wyoming, the ever-changing beauty of our fragile home is my inspiration. Describing the landscape or the character in a loved one’s face while honoring the random and mysterious qualities of oils and pastels is an immeasurable privilege. With my
I credit my mother for having inspired me to draw and paint. She has been painting the figure as long as I can remember. I used to stand behind her when she sketched portraits of the neighborhood children. I started drawing and painting in elementary school. As a fifth grader I sold my first landscape painting to my principal!
In my early teens I began learning guitar and writing songs which I’d sing in talent contests, and in high
I am a signature member of the Maryland Pastel Society and the Philadelphia Watercolor Society, a member of the Oil Painters of America, the Pastel Society of America, the International Association of Pastel Societies, and the Portrait Society of America.
- Maryland Pastel Society Award, 25th annual juried Renaissance in Pastel Show
- 2018 People’s Choice Award, On Location Artists at the Brandywine 2018 -with Philadelphia Watercolor Society
- Architecture in the Landscape Award, On Location, Artists at the Brandywine
- Jack Rickeson & Co. Award, Wayne Plein Air Festival
- Honorable Mention Winner 2017 Artists Magazine All-Media Online Competition