2023 Eastern Regional Exhibition
OPA’s 2023 Eastern Regional Exhibition is being hosted by Beverly McNeil Gallery located in Birmingham, Alabama, September 14 through October 13, 2023. More information to follow......
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
September 14, 2023 5:30 pm - October 13, 2023 11:59 pm
Oil Painters of America’s 2023 Eastern Regional Exhibition
OPA’s 2023 Eastern Regional Exhibition is being hosted by Beverly McNeil Gallery, located in Birmingham, Alabama, September 14 through October 13, 2023.
More information to follow……
Awards and Jurors
The awarding juror will be an OPA Master Signature or Signature member.
- Show Rules: For detailed information regarding entry guidelines, substrate and framing Guidlines, entry information, and our calendar checklist: Click here ACCEPTABLE SUBSTRATES: Any primed, smooth, flat substrates including: primed canvas or linen, stretched or on a panel, wood, gesso board, acrylic gessoed dibond, aluminum, aluminum composite panel. Acrylic primer is acceptable. Oil primed paper is acceptable if adhered with archival adhesive to a proper archival substrate. Paintings should NOT require being placed under glass. UNACCEPTABLE SUBSTRATES: Any textured surface including decorative copper, tooled aluminum, natural stone, barn wood or three-dimensional objects. A substrate containing any printed image or photograph is prohibited regardless of whether it is your own or someone else's image/photograph. Paintings should NOT require being placed under glass. ACCEPTABLE FRAMING: All paintings must be framed and wired for hanging. When framing deep-edged paintings (museum/gallery wrap canvas or deep board), the frame must be of adequate depth that the substrate does not extend more than half an inch beyond the back of the frame. Floater frames are acceptable for paintings on museum/gallery wrap canvas or deep board panels FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF ACCEPTABLE AND UNACCEPTABLE PAINTING CRITERIA, PLEASE CLICK HERE. Questions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 815-356-5987.
- Eligible Artists: Artists eligible to compete are citizens of the United States and Canada who reside in: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Labrador, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Brunswick, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Newfoundland, North Carolina, Nova Scotia, Ohio, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin, who are 2023 OPA members. Members that are citizens, both natural born or otherwise, of the United States or Canada are eligible to participate regardless of where they live. For sake of convenience, citizens who reside elsewhere will compete in the region that corresponds with their last place of residence within North America. Nonresident aliens who currently live in the above states of the United States or Canada, are eligible to participate provided that they have been physically present at the address provided to OPA for eight of the last twelve months and that the residency is considered to be their permanent domicile and that they are 2022 OPA members. Nonresident aliens whose North American residency is in question will be asked to provide proof of residency including, but not limited to, employment history, references, and utility bills in the individual’s name. The decision of the Board is final.
- Liabilities and Responsibilities: Oil Painters of America and Beverly McNeil Gallery will not be responsible for loss or damage of any artwork, no matter what the cause. By submitting artwork to this exhibition, each artist will be deemed to have concurred with this agreement. Artists pay for shipping both ways. We suggest that you provide insurance to cover the full value of the artwork while in transit. Good Luck and Good Painting
- Opa Membership: Not a member and want to enter the Eastern Regional Exhibition? Learn how to become a member
- Location: Beverly McNeil Gallery
- Cost:$35 for the first painting, $15 for the second painting, $10 for the third painting