29th Annual National Juried
Exhibition of Traditional Oils
Oil Painters of America’s was pleased to announce that the Twenty-Ninth National Exhibition and Convention was hosted by RS Hanna Gallery, located in Fredericksburg, Texas, from August 17 – September 19, 2020. A virtual awards ceremony was held on Thursday, September 10, at 6:30 p.m. Central Time.
Now virtual, OPA’s Wet Paint Competition and Convention began with the Wet Paint Competition on Friday, September 11 and Saturday, September 12, 2020. All OPA members registered for the convention were eligible to participate. A minimum of $20,000 in cash and merchandise awards was awarded in both studio and plein divisions. OPA Wet Paint Competition Juror of Awards was John Pototschnik OPA.
Voting was open for the Members’ Choice Awards! If you were a current OPA member you could vote for your favorite painting by an Associate, Signature and Master Signature artist. Members could only vote once and must submit votes for each division at the same time. If multiple votes were being cast by a member the exhibiting artist will be disqualified from receiving one of these awards.
Awards and Jurors
- Awards: A minimum of $20,000 in cash and merchandise awards was awarded in both studio and plein divisions.
- Jurors: OPA Wet Paint Competition Juror of Awards was John Pototschnik OPA.
- Entry: Registration includes both Virtual Wet Paint Competition & Convention
- General Information: Covid-19 has changed the way we all do things, normally, our wet painting competition is only available to those convention attendees who can physically attend. This year we are delighted to offer both the opportunity to compete in our Wet Paint Competition and to attend the convention for a much lower fee, to a much broader audience. The spirit of the Wet Paint Competition has always been to paint together, in oil, from life. In keeping with that spirit, we ask that you abide by the following rules and guidelines to maintain the integrity and fairness of the competition.
- Advanced Registration: No longer accepting registrations
- Show Rules: Wet Paint Rules can be found here: Wet Paint Rules
- Opa Membership: Not a member and want to enter the Online Showcase? Learn how to become a member
- September 11, 2020
- Location: RS Hanna Gallery
- Cost:$75 OPA Members | $125 Non-OPA Members & International Participants OPA's International Wet Paint Competition OPA went International for this year's Wet Paint Competition & Convention. Registered attendees* competed for a minimum of $20,000 in cash and merchandise awards. OPA members vied for awards in both the studio and plein air categories. International artists who reside outside of North America competed in a separate international category. *Please Note: Only attendees who had paid the convention registration fee were eligible to participate in the Virtual Wet Paint Sale & Competition. Eligible convention attendees could enter 1 painting in the competition. Please see the new, updated competition rules for the full details. Wet Paint Rules can be found here: Wet Paint Rules